Thursday 11 February 2016


At last!

Finally we had a sunny, if cold, day yesterday and I could get down to the plot. Always a bit daunting at this time of year because the question is - where to start?

I cleaned out the greenhouse first because it was warmer in there! There was quite a lot of couch grass which I spent some time digging out.

Then I dug over the patch where we are going to plant a damson tree. The soil is still really waterlogged and we may have to add sand or grit before we plant.

Next I decided to start edging the grass path. I didn't do the whole lot though - note to self - must sharpen the edgers!

Then I dug over the first three beds. There is no real need to do this as they could just be prepared when I am ready to plant or sow into them. However I love the look of freshly dug beds - it looks so neat!

Next job was to start pruning the apple tree. There is one large bough that I want to remove but will need either a heavy duty saw or the chainsaw for that so just took out the three d's - dead, diseased and damaged for the time being.

Not a bad start to the lottie year!

No comments:

Post a Comment