Friday 15 April 2016


   

Jobs for Today
Decided to potter in the greenhouse today. I potted on my sunflowers not a very good photo sorry! I chose Firecracker  - Unwins sunflower Seeds - because I grew them last year and they did really well. You only get 12 seeds in the pack and they cost £2.99 but last year all 12 germinated. They are a small, multi headed variety and last year formed a gorgeous sunflower hedge at the plot.
However it's been a different story this year .... Only 5 of the 12 seeds actually germinated. I contacted Unwins via their website and a few days later received vouchers to buy a new pack. That's good service in my books. Thank you Unwins!



I also sowed some courgettes, some butternut squash, some lettuce and a second batch of kale because the slugs have chomped half of the first batch which were in the greenhouse. A timely reminder to be vigilant in the greenhouse when you have lots of seedling in there!


No comments:

Post a Comment